Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and former cricketer Kirti Azad on Thursday welcomed the Supreme Court's observation that only sportsmen should head sports bodies, and not businessmen, and alleged that politicians at the head of sports bodies are only misusing their powers. He further claimed that sports bodies like the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) or the Board of Control for Cricket in ...
The Supreme Court on Thursday said only sportsmen, not businessmen should head sports bodies. "Politics has taken the game of hockey to abysmal low. Earlier India used to win gold medals but now we are struggling to qualify. Sports bodies should be headed by sports-persons...not by businessmen," Supreme Court said today. The top court's observations were made during the hearing of two warring ...
Gwyneth Paltrow will soon be seen hosting a health and fitness web series, called 'The Restart Project', with her trainer Tracy Anderson. In a newly released trailer of the series, the duo can be seen talking with "inspirational" women who have dealt with hardship, injury, and setbacks, while transforming their lives with health and fitness, the New York Daily News reported. Anderson said in ...
Brazil's Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo has reportedly warned that England fans may expect being held at knife-points or raped on the streets during the World Cup 2014. Rebelo's warnings about such attacks came as the English fans are waiting for tomorrow's Finals draw before confirming their travel plans. The minister said that as a country they want to be scrutinised and are sure that it will ...
That look. In his starring roles in the "Fast & Furious" films, Paul Walker had perfected a knowing, sly half-grin that made his character, Brian O'Conner, a lovable rogue you rooted for.That look is all over an emotional, ...
Prisoners, a tense morality play wrapped in the bristling genre trappings of a police procedural, is exhausting in all the best waysemotionally, intellectually, philosophically. It sends out you out of the theater with more questions than answers, even though it satisfies the basic te ... ...
Arab HeraldArab Herald - Arab Nations & Region News
Newspapers far and wide bring you news and coverage of major events, together with valuable interactive information modules like weather forecasts, news polls and an array of headlines on various topics.
The Arab Herald is a centrepiece of news coverage of the Arab world. Over 300 million Arabs throughout a network of Arab nations in, and around the Middle East, clamour for the latest news with an Arab perspective.
Television networks like Abu Dhabi Television and al-Jazeera dominate the demand. Newspapers such as Arab News, and many Middle East journals provide up-to-date coverage of the latest news.
The Arab Herald features stories from the Gulf, covering such countries as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the UAE (United Arab Emirates), Oman and Kuwait. Coverage extends to Iraq, Egypt, the Palestinian Occupied Territories, Jordan and Syria.
Wherever there is news to be reported, Arab Herald is there. Keep up to date with what is happening in the Arab world, and at the same time catch up with what is happening around the globe.
Whether it is news, business and finance, lifestyle, travel or weather information you want, the Arab Herald has it all... online.
Under the autumn statement announcements, younger workers will have to wait much longer for their state pension than their older counterparts. Photograph: Sarah Lee for the ...
gleefully declared in the autumn statement . Output is up, housing starts are rising fast, and the public finances will even move into surplus by 2017-18. But never in the history of parliamentary set-pieces have the chancellor's figures failed to reflect the experience of millions of workers.If you feel that the pounds in your pocket are no longer stretching far enough to pay the bills, ...
Councils will be free to borrow more money to build new homes after the government increased the housing revenue account borrowing limit by 300m in a rare step towards more public ...
Australian BMX riders Melinda McLeod and Corey Frieswyk with Australian triathlete Loretta Harrop at the launch of the Gold Coast City Council's 2013-2023 sports plan. Pic : Jerad ...
Robinson Cano (Photo credit: Keith Allison) So after the Yankees rebuffed Jay-Z's latest request for at least $250 million over nine years for Cano, he is focusing on the Seattle Mariners. This makes sense given the team's new $2 billion partnership with DirecTV Sports Networks. The deal made the Mariners the controlling owner of Root Sports Northwest, the regional sports network ...
Mail Sent for Registration Confirmation. A confirmation email has been sent. Please activate your account by clicking on the activation link sent in your mail ...
Robots that carry, sort and see; Google has bought some real talent to kickstart its new division aimed at automating manufacturing and supply ...
There was an air of excitement late Wednesday afternoon as Naperville Central High School students, staff and even some parents gathered for an all-school assembly.But this wasn't typical end-of-day anticipation.Instead, an enthusiastic overflow crowd gathered inside the main gymnasium to salute the recently crowned Class 8A state football champions and other successful athletic and ...
, we see the actress playing two clones doing battle. (You can see the photo in all of its huge, high-resolution glory by clicking on the magnifying glass button above.) On top is Sarah Manning, the fearless protagonist who acted as our entry point into the mysterious world of human clones. On the bottom with the gun on her face is Rachel Duncan, the Neolutionist "Proclone" who ...
EPL: Nicklas Bendtner has vowed to take his chance at Arsenal and prove that Arsene Wenger doesn't need to buy a new striker in January. Bendtner set the Gunners on their way to a 2-0 victory over Hull last night, nodding home a Carl Jenkinson cross after 90 seconds. It came on a rare start for the Dane, who says he now wants to take his chance to shine at the club after a ...
They said it
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
Record Your Vote
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Arab Herald.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Metro Hotel on Pitt
A truly affordable hotel in Sydney, with stylish decor, great location and in-house snazzy brasserie? If the notion of affordable ...Keep reading
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis Wednesday urged people to pray for the safe return of a group of 12 nuns who have been abducted from a Syrian convent allegedly by rebels.
"I invite everyone to pray for the sisters of the Greek Orthodox monastery of Santa Takla in Maaloula, Syria, who were taken by force by armed men two days ago," Francis said while making the appeal at the end of his general audience.
"Let us continue to pray and to work together for peace."
The nuns were kidnapped from the historic town of Maaloula, a predominantly Christian village, which has been at the centre of fierce fighting for months. They are believed to have been held hostage in the nearby rebel stronghold of Yabrud.
The mother superior, Febronia Nabhan, of Saidnaya convent in Syria has said that opposition fighters have moved them to a rebel-held town of Yabroud.
The Vatican ambassador to Syria said it was not clear whether the nuns had been kidnapped or evacuated for their safety.
However, the Associated Press citing unnamed religious officials in the region said the women were being held against their will even as a Syrian opposition activist said they were merely taken away for their own safety. ...
- Pak-Saudi have strong brotherhood bond Yousaf
- Saudi behind blasts at Iran embassy says Nasrallah
- Aware Inc. Sees Deployment in Saudi Arabia For Visa Issuance and Management
- Saudi spy chief Putin in secret...
- 100000 Ethiopians sent back from Saudi Arabia
- Indian doctor in Bahrain cleared of molestation charge
- Italian Navy commander praises Bahrain as a strategic great country
- Enhanced operational and solvency framework for the Takaful and Retakaful industry
- Interior Minister explores security cooperation with KNSA Chief
- Interior Minister receives Qatari Ambassador
- Dubai allocates $4.6 mn for new parks
- Keralas ancient drama dance and rhythm in Dubai
- India vs South Africa 1st ODI live cricket score Quinton smashes century Proteas 240-2 after 41 overs
- Dubai to have 5 new parks and squares costing Dh17 million
- Abu Dhabis Khalifa fund interested in Egypts small businesses
- American Lewis leads Dubai
- Dubai Financial Market accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Heart failure awareness drive launched in Dubai
- Emergency medicine conference on Sunday
- Sharjah Ruler directs cooperating in developments of Comoros University
- Abdullah bin Zayed receives Portuguese Deputy Prime Minister
- Abu Dhabis Khalifa fund interested in Egypts small businesses
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours and safaris in the United Arab Emirates
- UAEBBY dedicates a collection of books to Etisalat on the occasion of UAE National Day
- Abu Dhabi hotel revenues reach $1.2bn so far in 2013
- Freed Jordanian hostage names Filipino extremist kidnapper
- Israel security a priority in talks on peace Iran Kerry
- Foreign delegates want Indias election technology
- Insight Beheadings and spies help al Qaeda gain ground in Syria
- No compromise on Jordan Valley security says Israeli official
- Palestinian journalist proposes marriage to PA President Abbas via Facebook
- Israel Remains Wary as Iran Nuclear Talks Resume
- Pratap Chatterjee The Jason Bourne strategy
- Snowden and Greenwald The men who leaked the secrets
- NSA is tracking mobile phone location on so many people it can’t handle the data storage
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Arab Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nuns allegedly abducted from Syria, Pope prays for their safety
- Arab Spring in Yemen dying as prospect of elections fade
- India Egypt boost bilateral ties
- Oil prices mixed amid Middle East oversupply concerns
- Salafists urge supporters to back Egypt constitution